At the Forefront Series
The food and agricultural landscape is constantly changing in the midst of technological, policy, and cultural innovations and disrupters across the supply chain. Convening stakeholders for lively discussion and exchange of ideas pertaining to the most cutting-edge and pressing issues is imperative to an innovative agri-food system in Illinois.
Via its At the Forefront Series, the Illinois Agri-Food Alliance engages a diverse network of leaders around emerging global issues in the food and agriculture landscape. Through the series, participants share knowledge, identify best practices, and develop collaborative opportunities through access to high-quality content and insight on relevant innovative topics and emerging trends. The series addresses topics important to Illinois’ food and agricultural sector and related to the Food and Agriculture Roadmap for Illinois.
The highly-interactive, half-day events feature provocative remarks by prominent leaders from business, government, and academia with first-hand knowledge and experience on how important developments are changing the future of food and agriculture. Open dialogue sessions moderated by expert facilitators provide enriching collaboration between participants.
Forefront Series Process
Elements of the Forefront Series include:
- Topic: Relevant topics that are on the leading edge of innovative development that will interest and engage a diverse set of member stakeholders;
- Insight: Speakers that can provide leading insight;
- Platform: A neutral convening space that ensures dynamic conversations and deeper understanding takes place;
- Research: Generated background materials, best practices, systems context and other information necessary to empower stakeholders;
- Facilitation: Expert facilitation to create meaningful and productive interactions;
- Connection: Diverse coalition of cross-sector stakeholders with a shared interest in the topic;
- Record: Synthesized proceedings to capture insights and new ideas; and,
- Implement: Advanced post-discussion through a framework for action and evaluation.