Applications now being accepted
Details: part-time Fall/Winter 2020
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours/wk
Location: Illinois; remote-work
Deadline: open until filled
The Illinois Agri-Food Alliance (ILAFA) is a statewide collaborative network leveraging Illinois’ world-class assets, institutions, and leaders to create a more innovative, sustainable, equitable, and resilient agri-food system for the future. ILAFA is seeking a dynamic, self-starter for a part-time paid internship to support ILAFA’s operational and programmatic activities. Duration of the internship is through the end of December 2020 with opportunity for extension. Learn more about the Illinois Agri-Food Alliance at ilagrifood.org.
Anticipated responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Programmatic Support
- Drafting materials
- Managing attendee lists
- Supporting logistics
- Drafting post-program summaries/reports
- Following local, regional, national, and international news related to food and agriculture dynamics
- Conducting research related to ILAFA’s current and ongoing initiatives and activities
- Communications & Media Management
- Updating the organization website
- Drafting email and e-newsletter communications
- General & Administrative Support
- Managing an internal database of Illinois food and agriculture-related entities, companies, and contacts
- Managing internal organization and project management dashboard
- Scheduling meetings and events
- Knowledge of, or interest in, food and agriculture issues in Illinois
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely and independently
- Excellent time management, responsibility, and punctuality
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including social media
- Research skills and experience collecting and analyzing diverse data
- Attention to detail
- Desire and ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Proficiency with HTML coding and/or WordPress is preferred, but not required
- Experience in systems thinking and multi-stakeholder collaborations a plus
- Experience in non-profit administration and project management a plus
- Preference is for a student in a current graduate-level program or in their junior or senior year of an undergraduate program
The intern will work remotely and be expected to use their own computer.
Please submit a resume and written responses to the following questions to ILAFA Managing Director Tyler Strom at email@example.com. The internship will remain open until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply promptly. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning September 28, 2020.
- What, specifically, draws you to this internship?
- How would this internship fit in the context of your future ambitions, goals, or interests? Are there specific objectives that you would like to meet?
- What do you see as the top 2-3 issues facing Illinois’ agri-food sector?
- What type(s) of work do you find most fulfilling?
- What particular experience, skills, or knowledge could you bring to this position?
- What publications (print or online) do you read regularly?
- How many hours per week are you available? On which days, and at what times? Are there any restrictions to your weekly schedule?
- When would you be able to start? Are there any known conflicts after this date?
- Do you have any initial questions about ILAFA or the internship?